Geniolingual artery: a proposed name for an important artery
AbstractMultiple arteries perforate the lingual cortex of mandibular symphysis. These arteries might be damaged during various surgical procedures and can pose significant health risk to the patient. It would be beneficial for clinicians to know these anatomic landmarks in order to prevent complications.Key words: Mandibular symphisis, lingual artry, Sublingual artry, Dental implant.
Mason ME, Triplett RG, Alfonso WF. Life-threat- ening hemorrhage from placement of a dental implant. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 48:201-204.
Givol N, Chaushu G, Halamish-Shani T, et al. Emergency tracheostomy following lifethreatening hemorrhage in the floor of the mouth during immediate implant placement in the mandibular canine region. J Periodontol. 2000; 71:1893-1895.
Woo BM, Al-Bustani SB, Ueeck, A. Floor of mouth haemorrhage and life threatening airway obstruc tion during immediate implant placement in the anterior mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg.2006; 35: 961-964.
Mc Donnell D. Nouri R. Todd ME. The mandibular lingual foramen: a consistent arterial foramen in the middle of the mandible. J. Anat (1994) 184, pp. 363-369
Liang X, Jacobs R, Lambrichts I, et al. Lingual fo ramina on the mandibular midline revisited: a macroanatomical study. Clin Anat. 2007; 20: 246-251.
A signature of author below certifies compliance with the following statements:
Copyright transfer; in signing this Agreement:
1. I hereby warrant that this article is an original work, has not been published before and is not being considered for publication elsewhere in its final form either in printed or electronic form;
2. I hereby warrant that you have obtained permission from the copyright holder to reproduce in the Article (in all media including print and electronic form) material not owned by you, and that you have acknowledged the source;
3. I hereby warrant that this article contains no violation of any existing copyright, moral rights or other third party right or any material of an obscene, indecent, defamatory or otherwise unlawful nature and that to the best of your knowledge this Article does not infringe the rights of others;
4. I hereby warrant that in the case of a multi-authored Article you have obtained, in writing, authorization to enter into this Agreement on their behalf and that all co-authors have read and agreed the terms of this agreement;
5. I warrant that any formula or dosage given is accurate and will not if properly followed injure any person;
6. I have made a significant scientific contribution to the study and I have read the complete manuscript and take responsibility for the content and completeness of the final surmised manuscript;
7. I will indemnify and keep indemnified the Editors, the Journal's Editor against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any breach of this warranty and the other warranties on your behalf in this Agreement.
Conflict of interest disclosure
All institutional or corporeal affixations of mine and all funding sources for the study are acknowledged. I certify that I have no commercial association that might represent a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted manuscript.