Focus and Scope
The Journal of Craniomaxillofacial Research (JCR) is a peer-reviewed, open access quarterly publication of the Craniomaxillofacial Research Center (CMFRC), Tehran University of Medical Sciences. It is approved by Medical Journals Commission of the Iranian Ministry of Health and Medical Education. The JCR publishes original research, review articles, case reports, reports of new instruments or technical innovations, systematic reviews, meta-analysis, and hypothesis related to the field of clinical, basic science and epidemiological aspects of Craniomaxillofacial region researches.
Aims & Scope: The JCR publishes original research, review articles, case reports, reports of new instruments or technical innovations systematic reviews, meta-analysis, and hypothesis related to the field of clinical, basic science and epidemiological aspects of Craniomaxillofacial region researches.
-Specific topics covered have included:
- CranioMaxilloFacial anatomy, growth and deformities (lip and palate and facial clefts)
- Esthetic and CranioMaxilloFacial plastic surgery
- Orthognathic surgery
- Surgical pathology
- CranioMaxilloFacial trauma
- Diagnostic and Interventional radiology and new modalities
- Computer assisted surgical navigation and robotic surgery
- Endoscopic assisted surgery
- Diagnosis and management of CranioMaxilloFacial Pain and paramedicine
- Distraction osteosynthesis
- Reconstructive surgery
- Skin and bone engineering, bone graft and substitute materials, Growth factors
- Oral minor surgery and dental implant
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All journal papers are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, which permits any non-commercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source.
Article Processing Charges
As Tehran University of Medical Sciences is supporting most of the publishing costs of Journal of Craniomaxillofacial Researchs, article processing charge and any other publication fees in the journal are free for authors.
Authors have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to the publisher*.
Authors have the right to:
- Share their article according to the "Personal Use rights"** so long as it contains the end user license and the DOI link to the version of record in this journal.
- Retain intellectual property rights (including research data).
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
* This includes the right to make and authorize commercial use.
** Personal use rights
Authors can use their articles, in full or in part, for scholarly, non-commercial purposes such as:
- Use by an author in the author’s classroom teaching (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic)
- Distribution of copies (including through e-mail) to known research colleagues for their personal use (but not for Commercial Use)
- Inclusion in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially)
- Use in a subsequent compilation of the author’s works
- Extending the Article to book-length form
- Preparation of other derivative works (but not for Commercial Use)
- Otherwise using or re-using portions or excerpts in other works