Manuscript Submission: All manuscript should be submitted
electronically through: http://jcr.tums.ac.ir/index.php/jcr/user
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Covering letter: A cover letter, containing the information outlined below must be sent to the editor:
1) The material has not been published previously and is not under consideration by another journal and is the work of the author/s.
2) The manuscript title, name and address (including e-mail) of the corresponding author and their signature. This author will be responsible for editing proofs and ordering reprints where applicable.
3) The following paragraph: “In consideration of the editors of JCR taking action in reviewing and editing this submission, the author undersigned hereby transfer, assign or otherwise convey all copyright ownership to the CMFRC in the event that such work is published in that Journal.”
4) If the purpose of a paper is to evaluate a commercial product, then a separate statement must be included with the submission, which asserts that the product was used exactly according to manufacturer’s instructions. If this was not the case, a precise description of any variant use must be prominently stated in the abstract, methods and, if appropriate, in the title.
1) If human subjects are used then they have to be registered with the Iranian Registry of Clinical Trials website (http://www.irct.ir) or the related country and ethical committee of the research center or University where the study was carried out.
2) Research with human subjects should be conducted in full
accordance with ethical principles, including the WMA Declaration of Helsinki-Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects (2008)
3) The submitted manuscripts must transparently state this in their methods and materials including a statement outlining whether the study has been independently reviewed and approved by an ethical board.
4) Moreover, where human subjects are used, the informed consent explaining the nature of the procedure and possible discomforts and risks should be obtained from all patients who participated in the experimental investigation and subjects should be able to freely reject participation.
5) If animals are used, a statement protocol approval by the
institutional animal care and use committee must be included.
Methods section must clearly show that adequate measures were taken to minimize pain and/or distress, for example the administration of local anesthetics or general anesthesia. Experiments should be carried out in accordance with the European Communities Council Directive of 24 November 1986 (86/609/EEC) and in accordance with local laws and regulations governed within that country or with the
guidelines laid down by the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the USA regarding the care and use of animals for experimental procedures.
6) Authors should mask patients' eyes and remove patients' names from figures unless they obtain written consent from the patients and submit written consent with the manuscript.
JCR retains the right to reject any manuscript on the basis of unethical conduct of either human or animal studies.
Preparation of Manuscript:
Manuscripts that do not adhere to the following instructions will be returned to the corresponding author for technical revision before undergoing peer review. Submissions should be double-spaced MS Word document. The margins should be 30 mm.
Should be arranged as follows:
1) Title, which should be concise as well as descriptive.
2) Full name of each author, with highest academic degree(s).
3) Name and address of department or institution to which work should be attributed.
4) Abbreviated title (no more than 45 characters).
5) Name, address, telephone, fax number and email address of the author responsible for correspondence and to whom requests for offprint should be sent.
Abstract must be submitted as a separate file on online system.Should include:
1) Title of manuscript
2) A summary of the complete manuscript containing introduction, materials and methods, results and conclusion. It must be factual and comprehensive.
3) The abstract should not be more than 300 words.
4) A maximum of five key words or phrases (in alphabetical order) should be included at the end of the abstract. Use terms from the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) list of index medicus:(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html)
Organize the manuscript into eight main headings:
1) Introduction should provide the reader with enough information to understand the objectives of the study.
2) Material and Methods should describe the detail of the study, methods, instrument and techniques used, and statistical methods.
Ethical considerations and conflict of interest should be mentioned here.
3) Results must describe the findings of the study clearly.
4) Discussions should focus on the findings in your current work and compare the results with other previous studies.
5) Conclusion should describe and summarize the major finding(s) of the study.
6) References should follow the style of Index Medicus and should be numbered in the sequence in which they appear in the text by Arabic numerals which are placed inside parentheses at the end of a sentence or a clause. Refer to the List of Journals Indexed in Index Medicus for abbreviations of journal names, or access the list at
References should be addressed according to the following
* Journals: Potter JK, Malmquist M, Ellis E 3rd: Biomaterials for reconstruction of the internal orbit. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2012;24(4):609-27
* Books: Watzke IM: Sagittal Split Osteotomy. In: Fonseca RJ, Marciani RD, Turvey TA, editors: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, Chap. 3, pp. 87-118. St. Louis: Saunders Elsevier, 2009
7) Acknowledgements may contain all contributors who do not
meet the criteria for authorship e.g. editing help and departmental head that provided general support. Financial support must also be acknowledged and any conflict of interest noted.
8) Figures and tables should be created/scanned then saved and submitted as either a TIFF or JPEG file. Line art must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi (dots per inch). All scanned images including electronic photographs/radiographs, CT scans, etc., must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. If fonts are used in the artwork, they must be converted to paths or outlines, or they must be embedded in the files. All figure legends should be typed on a separate page. Each table with its legend must be typed double-spaced on a separate page at the end of the manuscript.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
A signature of author below certifies compliance with the following statements:
Copyright transfer; in signing this Agreement:
- I hereby warrant that this article is an original work, has not been published before and is not being considered for publication elsewhere in its final form either in printed or electronic form;
- I hereby warrant that you have obtained permission from the copyright holder to reproduce in the Article (in all media including print and electronic form) material not owned by you, and that you have acknowledged the source;
- I hereby warrant that this article contains no violation of any existing copyright, moral rights or other third party right or any material of an obscene, indecent, defamatory or otherwise unlawful nature and that to the best of your knowledge this Article does not infringe the rights of others;
- I hereby warrant that in the case of a multi-authored Article you have obtained, in writing, authorization to enter into this Agreement on their behalf and that all co-authors have read and agreed the terms of this agreement;
- I warrant that any formula or dosage given is accurate and will not if properly followed injure any person;
- I have made a significant scientific contribution to the study and I have read the complete manuscript and take responsibility for the content and completeness of the final surmised manuscript;
- I will indemnify and keep indemnified the Editors, the Journal's Editor against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any breach of this warranty and the other warranties on your behalf in this Agreement.
Conflict of interest disclosure
All institutional or corporeal affixations of mine and all funding sources for the study are acknowledged. I certify that I have no commercial association that might represent a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted manuscript.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.