Odontogenic keratocyst of mandibular condylar region: A case report
AbstractThe Odontogenic Keratocyst (OKC) today is called Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor (KCOT) by the WHO, consider as a benign intraosseous developmental odontogenic tumor and may be presented in unicystic or multicystic variants. The tumor is surrounded by stratified squamous parakeratinized or orthokeratinized epithelium and has invasive or infiltrative behavior. It happens in the second and third decades of life, and often is more prevalent among males. In this case report we describes an unusual case of OKC in the condylar region and its infiltration into parotid gland which is very rare and minimal clinical presentation indicative of a tumor. Keywords: Odontogenic keratocyst, Keratocystic odontogenic tumor, Infiltration, Parotid, Mandibular condyle.
A signature of author below certifies compliance with the following statements:
Copyright transfer; in signing this Agreement:
1. I hereby warrant that this article is an original work, has not been published before and is not being considered for publication elsewhere in its final form either in printed or electronic form;
2. I hereby warrant that you have obtained permission from the copyright holder to reproduce in the Article (in all media including print and electronic form) material not owned by you, and that you have acknowledged the source;
3. I hereby warrant that this article contains no violation of any existing copyright, moral rights or other third party right or any material of an obscene, indecent, defamatory or otherwise unlawful nature and that to the best of your knowledge this Article does not infringe the rights of others;
4. I hereby warrant that in the case of a multi-authored Article you have obtained, in writing, authorization to enter into this Agreement on their behalf and that all co-authors have read and agreed the terms of this agreement;
5. I warrant that any formula or dosage given is accurate and will not if properly followed injure any person;
6. I have made a significant scientific contribution to the study and I have read the complete manuscript and take responsibility for the content and completeness of the final surmised manuscript;
7. I will indemnify and keep indemnified the Editors, the Journal's Editor against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any breach of this warranty and the other warranties on your behalf in this Agreement.
Conflict of interest disclosure
All institutional or corporeal affixations of mine and all funding sources for the study are acknowledged. I certify that I have no commercial association that might represent a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted manuscript.