Pregnancy tumor and facial port-wine stain: A case report
AbstractPyogenic granuloma is a common tumor-like growth of the oral cavity that traditionally has been considered to be non-neoplastic in nature. The pyogenic granuloma is a smooth or lobulated mass that is usually pedunculated, although some lesions are sessile. Pyogenic granuloma of the gingival is frequently developed in pregnant women, hence the terms pregnancy tumor and/or granuloma gravidarum are often used. The pyogenic granuloma has been reported to be associated with port-wine stain particularly during pregnancy, and after trauma, or laser treatment. The pathogenesis of pyogenic granuloma is unclear. This report describes the presentation of a large pregnancy tumor in a patient with an isolated facial port-wine stain.Keywords: Port-wine stain, pregnancy, pyogenic granuloma.
A signature of author below certifies compliance with the following statements:
Copyright transfer; in signing this Agreement:
1. I hereby warrant that this article is an original work, has not been published before and is not being considered for publication elsewhere in its final form either in printed or electronic form;
2. I hereby warrant that you have obtained permission from the copyright holder to reproduce in the Article (in all media including print and electronic form) material not owned by you, and that you have acknowledged the source;
3. I hereby warrant that this article contains no violation of any existing copyright, moral rights or other third party right or any material of an obscene, indecent, defamatory or otherwise unlawful nature and that to the best of your knowledge this Article does not infringe the rights of others;
4. I hereby warrant that in the case of a multi-authored Article you have obtained, in writing, authorization to enter into this Agreement on their behalf and that all co-authors have read and agreed the terms of this agreement;
5. I warrant that any formula or dosage given is accurate and will not if properly followed injure any person;
6. I have made a significant scientific contribution to the study and I have read the complete manuscript and take responsibility for the content and completeness of the final surmised manuscript;
7. I will indemnify and keep indemnified the Editors, the Journal's Editor against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any breach of this warranty and the other warranties on your behalf in this Agreement.
Conflict of interest disclosure
All institutional or corporeal affixations of mine and all funding sources for the study are acknowledged. I certify that I have no commercial association that might represent a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted manuscript.