The supraclavicular artery Island flap in conjunction with unilateral karapandzic flap for reconstruction of lower facial defects: A Case report
AbstractHead and neck oncologic resections leave complex defects which are challenging to reconstruct. In head and neck region, aesthetic facial units should be considered and a thin, malleable, suitable texture and color flap should be applied. Supraclavicular artery Island flap is fasciocutaneous flap, that taken from skin on the shoulder and supraclavicular area that based on supra clavicular artery. One of the advantages of the supraclavicular artery Island flap is the possibility of one-stage reconstruction with minimal morbidity. The objective of our study were to describe our initial experience using the supra clavicular artery Island flap in conjunction with karapandzic flap for reconstruction of lower facial defects. Keywords: Supraclavicular flap; Karapandzic flap; Facial defect; Island flap; Supraclavicularartery.
2. Niels kokot, kashif mazher. Th supraclavicular Artery Island flap in head and neck Reconstruction. JAMA otolargngology – head and neck surgery. 2013; 139: 1247-1255.
3. Alves HR, Ishida Le, Ishida LH. A clinical experience of the supraclavicular flap used to reconstruct Head and neck defects این late- stage cancer Patients. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet surg. 201222012;65(10):135-135-6.
4. Chen wl, zhang D. Extended supraclavicular fasciocutaneous Island flap based on the transvers cervical artery for head and neck reconstruction after cancer ablation. Joral maxillofac surg. 2010; 68: 2422-2430.
5. Wu H, Chen Wl, Yang 2H. Function reconstructions Island flap following ablation of advanced oropharynx geal cancer. Jcranio fac surg. 2012; 23:1668-1691.
6. Coppit Gl, Lin DT. Current concept in lip reconstruction. Curr opin otolargngol head neck surg. 2004; 12: 281-70.
7. Closmann JJ, pogrel ma. Reconstruction of perioral defects following resection for oral squamous cell carcinoma. Joral Maxillo fac surg. 2006; 64: 367-374.
8. Hanasono MM, langstein HN. Extended karapandzic flaps for near-total lower lip defects. Plast Reconstr surg. 2011; 1:199 – 205.
9. Ebrahimi A, maghsoudnia GR, Arshadi AA. Postoperative comparative study of lower lip defect reconstruction with local flaps. J cranio fac surg. 2011; 22: 55-59.
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Craniomaxillofacial Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.